Variety of Majors: Universidad Antonio de Nebrija
Study in Spain at Antonio de Nebrija University, a private and independent university that welcomes students from all over the world to experience modern Spain in a traditional university setting. It is a mid-size university, with an annual enrollment of approximately 6,500 students and over 1,000 international students.
Purchase students will take classes at the central campus in Madrid. All students, international and Spanish alike, share the same academic building and have access to the same library, computer lab, cafeteria, and general university services.
Students looking for an intensive language immersion enroll in the Hispanic Studies Program which offers courses in Spanish language, conversation, culture and literature courses at all levels from absolute beginners to heritage speakers. There is no minimum level of Spanish required for the Hispanic Studies Program.
Alternatively, students with existing intermediate Spanish language proficiency can attend classes side-by-side with Spanish students in areas of study related to Social Sciences, Art & Humanities and Architecture and Engineering.*
Here is some information to help you learn what it is like to live and travel in Spain, given your identity markers.
- Term: Fall, spring, academic year
- Accommodations: On-campus, homestay
- Language of instruction: Spanish and English
- Majors (all Spanish levels): Language and Culture, Spanish Language, Literature
- Majors (intermediate Spanish required): Communications, Economics, Film/video Production, Journalism, Legal Studies, Mathematics, Media Studies, New Media, Painting/drawing, Photography, Political Science, Psychology, Screenwriting, Sculpture, Theatre and Performance, Visual Arts
- SUNY Program Code: 1006
*For an additional cost, Nebrija offers an optional Intensive Preparatory Spanish Course prior to each academic semester for 2 weeks in September or 4 weeks in January.