SUNY Potsdam BA/Purchase College MA Partnership
SUNY Potsdam and Purchase College are happy to announce a partnership for high achieving undergraduate SUNY Potsdam students pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in Arts Management degree to complete a Master of Arts, Entrepreneurship in the Arts degree at Purchase College.
Purchase College allows SUNY Potsdam BA students to apply for the Entrepreneurship in the Arts MA program and, if accepted, complete six hours (two courses) of undergraduate masters level equivalency courses at SUNY Potsdam, which will count toward their graduate degree. Upon graduation from the BA program at SUNY Potsdam, students will then begin their graduate degree as a full-time student at Purchase College.
In order to support the acceptance of SUNY Potsdam BA students into the Purchase College Entrepreneurship in the Arts MA program, students must meet the following requirements:
- Students will complete an application (and pay required fee) for graduate study in the MA program.
- Students must have completed 60 credit hours to apply for BA/MA program and have at least 15 remaining in their undergraduate program.
- Fees for processing the student transcript are the responsibility of the student.
- Three letters of recommendation from Arts Management (or relevant Department of Theatre and Dance) faculty are required. BA/MA admission preferences are given to highly recommended students.
- Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA in the BA program in order to be considered for acceptance into the BA/MA program.
- Students must complete a recommended pre-requisite basic accounting course at Purchase College (or equivalent at SUNY Potsdam).*
- Candidates will interview with the BA program coordinator and MA program admissions staff.
- BA students must complete at least one undergraduate masters level equivalency course (either ARMA 310 or ARMA 300) and one Arts Management practicum (ARMA 207) before being eligible to apply.
*If equivalent coursework has been taken, this requirement may be waived under advisement from the SUNY Potsdam program coordinator.
Tuition, Courses, and Residency
Students will complete two undergraduate masters level equivalency courses which will count toward both the BA and MA degrees:
- Arts Management 300 Arts Marketing & Publicity
- Arts Management 310 Arts Fundraising and Grant Writing
Upon BA/MA acceptance and after BA graduation, students will enroll in Purchase College’s first three MA courses as a full-time graduate student taking three courses and paying a tuition rate per those nine credit hours.
Students will maintain residency in or around Purchase College (including working in New York City, if possible).
Students will continue with a full course load in the second semester of MA study.
Students will be responsible for the costs of their graduate application and required transcripts. They will be charged the standard SUNY Potsdam rate for the six credits of coursework that fulfill both the undergraduate and graduate BA/MA programs.
Students will pay full-time per-credit costs commensurate with the rate at Purchase College (for nine credit hours) in their first semester of MA attendance. In the second semester they will be charged the full tuition rate as they transition into a full course load at Purchase College.
SUNY Potsdam and Purchase College encourage all students, regardless of background, to pursue enrollment in the BA/MA program.