Mandatory Immunization Requirements
Measles, Mumps, and Rubella
New York State Public Health Law 2165 requires that all students registered for 6 or more credits in an approved degree or registered certificate program born on or after January 1, 1957, submit proof of two immunizations for measles and one each for mumps and rubella in order to attend the college. Any student living on campus, regardless of matriculation status or credit load, must comply with these requirements.
Student Immunization Record (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella)
Options for Compliance:
- Two doses of live measles vaccine at least 30 days apart administered after 1967. The first dose administered on or after the first birthday, one dose of mumps vaccine administered on or after the first birthday and one dose of rubella vaccine administered on or after the first birthday.
- For measles and mumps only, the date of physician diagnosed disease with signature of diagnosing physician.
- Serologic evidence of immunity for each disease (measles, mumps and rubella)
- A physician or nurse practitioner verifies in writing that a specific vaccine may be detrimental to a student’s health
- The student holds genuine and sincere religious beliefs, which are contrary to the practice of immunization, and submits a statement to that effect.
In order to fulfill the above, one of the following documents must be presented:
- Original immunization card
- High school immunization record
- Previous college immunization record
- Blood titer test
- Doctor’s letterhead (stamped and signed), with dates of shots
- Official veteran’s medical record
Documentation must be submitted to Purchase College’s Health Services office and can be done by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to (914) 251-6388, or by mail to Health Services, Purchase College, 735 Anderson Hill Road, Purchase, NY 10577