The Purchase College Library welcomes children as long as:
- They are accompanied by a parent or adult caregiver
- They are under appropriate supervision
- They behave appropriately
Please be aware that our facilities are open to the public, a situation which can present risks to children. The safety and security of children are the responsibility of the parent or adult caregiver. The Library cannot assume responsibility for the safety of children left unattended.Please note the following:
- A child not yet in high school must be under the supervision of an adult who assumes responsibility for him or her.
- If a child wishes to leave the library, the library staff cannot legally detain him or her.
- Parents or adult caregivers must monitor all activities and behavior of their children while they are in the library. The staff person in charge will request that a child leave the premises if the Library Code of Conduct is not followed.
- Parents or adult caregivers are responsible for any act of vandalism (cutting, tearing, defacing, destroying books, periodicals, equipment, furniture, etc.).
If a child is left in the Library unattended, the staff will notify the University Police Department.