The Purchase College Multicultural Center is an inclusive space for members of the campus community to explore, learn, and share their cultural identities and differences with one another. The center is an educational resource, enabling those to gather and celebrate our community’s diversity.
- To foster the integration of cultural and social perspectives through collaboration and activity
- To acknowledge the benefits of cultural competency and its impact on the Purchase community through dialogue
- To support the Think Wide Open philosophy by encouraging students to explore their individuality, diversity, and creativity beyond expected boundaries
- To recognize multicultural interactions and address how they impact personal identity
- Library collection of books and DVDs: The MCC has a growing collection of books and DVDs focusing on diverse cultural identities and equity.
- External Scholarship and Opportunities Database
- 2018-2019 Awareness and Interfaith Calendar
- 2020 Diversity Calendar
- 2020 Interfaith Calendar
Monday- Friday 10am-6pm
- Connect students to campus community and surrounding communities
- Provide a safe place for students to share and discuss cultural identities and differences
- Training and support to student organizations to assist with diversity and inclusion awareness
Time: 10:00am—4:00pmMeaningful conversations to break down stigma and prejudice