Transfer and Liberal Studies
Transferring is a big deal and we want to help you figure out if making the switch to Purchase is the right choice.
We know that choosing to transfer is a big decision and you want to get your questions answered, see campus, and have a chance to meet with an Admissions Advisor individually. Please join us for Transfer Tuesdays, an intimate view of Purchase College. Limited to eight students most Tuesdays (including some evenings and other dates), this is your chance to join in on a group Q & A, talk through your questions and concerns in a private appointment, take a tour, and more.
Please note that this event is geared toward students pursuing degrees in our Liberal Arts and Sciences. For Visual and Performing Arts-related majors, please consider these alternative visits.
Transfer Tuesdays include:
- Campus Tour
- Transfer Admissions Process Q & A
- Individual Appointment with Transfer Admissions Advisor*
- Financial Aid Drop Ins
- Liberal Studies Drop Ins
*Please indicate your desire for an individual appointment when you register by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be contacted with information about your appointment time.
Nuts and Bolts
Each year we offer a “Nuts and Bolts” workshop as a way for potential transfers to see if they’re ready for Purchase. It’s a way for you to tour the campus and talk to our faculty and students for insight into academics and student life while finding out about things like transfer credits and financial aid.
Nuts and Bolts is an after-hours event to accommodate varying work schedules. The evening includes:
- Campus Tours (please arrive before the 4 pm departure time)
- Information about the Transfer Admissions Process
- An overview of financial aid
- Insight into student life on campus, directly from our students
- Information about academic advising
- Unofficial credit evaluations (Evaluations will be available for students who bring official transcripts, in sealed envelopes, from each college attended).
For information about cancellations due to inclement weather please call the Admissions main number (914) 251-6300.