Purchase partnerships work to assist our students from their initial application through their post-graduate studies.
Learn more about the many partnerships Purchase College has with community colleges and graduate programs in the region. Make your entry into a four year school seamless and your transition graduate school easier and more affordable.
SUNY Upstate Medical University College of Medicine, Upstate Accelerated Scholars Program
Purchase College has an agreement with SUNY Upstate Medical University College of Medicine that allows admitted Purchase students seeking any degree (BA, BS, BM or BFA) to be guaranteed acceptance into Upstate’s doctor of Allopathic Medicine (MD) Program. Read more about the eligibility requirements.
Make your transfer process smooth by completing your degree 2+2 with one of our local area community colleges. Each program has a degree completion plan designed to maximize your transferrable credits and help you complete a degree in four years. Please note that all articulation agreements are in effect for students that have been enrolled in a SUNY program prior to Fall 2023.
Environmental studies students pursuing the policy concentration can finish their bachelor’s degree at Purchase College while simultaneously beginning work on a master’s degree in public administration through the Rockefeller College of Public Affairs and Policy, University at Albany.
Students must have a minimum 3.2 GPA and have completed 56 credit areas towards a BA in environmental studies, and have a B or higher in two quantitative courses.
Long Island University/Hudson
Long Island University/Hudson (LIU Hudson) is located on the Purchase College campus. Purchase students can take advantage of tuition reduction and advanced course credit while completing their undergraduate degree as well as tuition reduction to all courses taken to complete one of these the master’s degrees at LIU Hudson:
- ED Middle and Adolescence Education (Grades 5-12) in English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies
- ED Special Education in Adolescence (Generalist, Grades 7-12)
- First Step Teacher Education Program – Masters in Education
- MPA Masters of Public Administration)
- MS Mental Health Counseling (with CASAC option)
- MS Marriage and Family Therapy (with CASAC option)
- MS Ed School Counseling (Bilingual track option)
- MS Ed School Psychology (Bilingual track option)
- Masters of Business Administration
- Accelerated MS in Pharmaceutics (Specialization in Industrial Pharmacy and Cosmetic Science)
Students must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.