Achieve personal vocal growth by learning a healthy vocal technique!
Vocal Intensive: learn your songs from the “inside-out”
Learn how to approach a song from the basic learning stages—accuracy of notes and rhythms—through to a polished, thoughtful, and musical performance of the song. Explore diction, tone quality, phrasing, expression, interpretation, vowel color and dynamics. Learn music theory and understand every mark on the page. Work on solos as well as group songs. Emerge with a true sense of your own musicianship and artistry, the tools to tackle any song accurately and thoughtfully, and the ability to sing with more confidence! Classes will meet with instructors daily on Zoom and accompaniment and rehearsal tracks, sheet music, worksheets and reference materials will be sent to the students to use during class and on their own.
We hit the ground running daily with a group vocal warm-up and technique session that includes upper body stretching and breathing exercises. During the two-week session we will delve into any combination of the following:
- Approaching your song: learning what every mark on the page means;
- Music theory: notation, theory practice sheets; vocal/general music terminology;
- Theater exercises and games to compliment song learning;
- Small group breakout sessions to work on solo pieces and group songs;
- Discuss and learn about different singing styles;
- A variety of lectures/discussions targeted towards singing with expression and healthy vocal production
Session II: July 13 – July 24
Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
$550 for the first registration
$495 for the second registration in the family, Purchase College employees and alumni, and early registrations (received by June 5, 2020)
For a well-rounded summer, combine with Photography Workshop, Songwriting Workshop, Minecraft™ Redstone Engineers, Inventor’s League, Acting on Camera Boot Camp, Musical Theatre Boot Camp, Interior Design Intensive, YouTube® Content Creators, and/or Battle Royale/Fortnite®. Discount for enrolling in multiple programs.