Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, students who have majored in media studies will be able to:
- Recognize the ways media refers to institutions, industries, technologies, and aesthetics.
- Using tools from anthropology, sociology, and media studies, analyze media institutions and forms and situate them within diverse cultural, political, and economic contexts.
- Design and successfully complete an ethnographic research project about media.
- Write and speak in the style of interdisciplinary media studies to communicate information and ideas about media.
- Use a range of critical practices to engage seriously and playfully in a creative artistic practice.