Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Latin American, Caribbean, and Latinx studies BA program should:
- Demonstrate knowledge of Latin American history, geography, cultural traditions and innovations, political structures, and social issues.
- Demonstrate awareness of Latin America’s diversity and its role in global processes.
- Be able to communicate this knowledge effectively in at least two languages.
- Have developed their knowledge by building skills in various modes of inquiry: critical thinking; analysis; cross-cultural inquiry; aesthetic appreciation; experiential learning; language immersion; and interpretation of texts, objects, and events.
- Have synthesized their service-learning or study-abroad experiences with knowledge gained from their coursework in order to produce an original work, the senior project.