In addition to meeting General Education requirements,all arts management majors must meet the following requirements (48–49 credits).
Freshman and Sophomore Years (19 credits):
- AMG 1100/Fundamentals of Arts Management: 4 credits
- AMG 2200/Finance for the Arts or
ECO 2085/Arts and Entertainment in Economics: 4 credits
- AMG 2300/Communicating the Arts: 3 credits
- Elective courses in literary, performing, or visual arts history, theory, or practice: 8 credits (at least 3 credits to be completed in the freshman year and before registering for AMG 1100)
Junior and Senior Years (29–30 credits):
- AMG 3100/Funding the Arts: 4 credits
- AMG 3170/Arts and Entertainment Law: 4 credits*
- AMG 3520/Principles of Arts Marketing: 4 credits
- AMG 3880/Junior Seminar in Arts Management: 2 credits
- AMG 3995/Arts Management Internship: 4 credits
- AMG —/Arts management elective: 3–4 credits
NOTE: AMG 3030/Finance for the Arts II may not be used to fulfill this requirement
- SPJ 4990/Senior Project I: 4 credits
- SPJ 4991/Senior Project II: 4 credits
- Students must earn a grade of C or higher in all courses required for the major, excluding the internship and senior project. Students who do not meet these standards must repeat the course(s) or complete acceptable substitutes (for example, ECO 2085 instead of AMG 2200), chosen in consultation with the program faculty.
- AMG 1100 is a prerequisite for required upper-level arts management courses.
- Students are strongly encouraged to take additional courses in the literary, performing, and visual arts and in arts management, beyond those required for the major.