Standards for Accreditation
In the self-study, Purchase College will demonstrate the extent to which it meets the seven standards summarized by Middle States as follows:
An accredited institution of higher education:
- Has an appropriate mission (Standard I),
- Lives it with integrity (Standard II),
- Delivers an effective student learning experience (Standard III)
- Supports the overall student experience, both inside and outside the classroom (Standard IV).
- Assesses its own educational effectiveness (Standard V),
- Uses planning and resources to ensure institutional improvement (Standard VI),
- And is characterized by effective governance, leadership, and administration (Standard VII).