Ask a Librarian at the New Reference Desk!
We are happy to be back, answering your research and library questions in-person, starting August 25, 2021. To ensure everyone’s safety as we relaunch this valuable face-to-face service, we have moved the Reference Desk to the former Technology Assistance Office on the first floor (room 1010H). Stop by the service window and ask a librarian during Reference Desk Hours!
Fall 2021 Reference Desk Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 10:00am - 6:00pm*
Friday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Desk Etiquette and Policies:
Please help us continue to offer this service by respecting a few safety rules and practices:
Masks are required throughout the Library, including at Reference. Please do not lower your mask when speaking.
Maintain a social distance between yourself and library staff/other patrons:
- If there is a line at the Desk, please wait on the designated floor markers.
- Do not open the glass window. The librarian may choose to open the window if necessary, at their discretion (e.g.: to hand you something or make it easier to hear).
- Please do not open the office door or enter the office. Reference services will be provided through the window.
Our number one priority at the Reference Desk is to help you! So even if we look “busy,” please don’t hesitate to let us know you need help. The Reference Desk is in a Group Study Zone, so you do not have to whisper.
- For help finding books and navigating Library spaces, the librarians will do our best to provide maps and verbal directions, but may not accompany you into the stacks, if social distancing cannot be maintained.
- For technology help and troubleshooting, please visit the Tech Assistance Office, relocated to room 1002B on the first floor near the elevator. CTS helpdesk technicians are staffing the TAO from 12:00pm to 4:45pm, Monday-Friday. Outside of these hours, please contact CTS through their Zoom Video Chat Support service.
Virtual Reference Continues:
If you prefer virtual help, are off-campus, or it’s after hours, we’ve got you covered!
You can still text a librarian at 914-873-1711, use Chat 24/7 to have a live IM conversation with a librarian, or request a Zoom research appointment. Zoom Reference is no longer a drop-in service, but you can email email@example.com to schedule a zoom research appointment with a librarian.
See our Ask a Librarian page for all the ways to get in touch.