New Library Services Platform coming in July 2019!
The SUNY Library Consortium is adopting a new library management system, Ex Libris Alma library services platform and Ex Libris PrimoVE discovery and delivery solution, across all SUNY campuses. The new library system will affect Purchase College Library’s catalog, Discovery Search, online library accounts, online renewal process, course reserves, and more.
We will share help guides and additional details with you over the next few months, but here’s a preview of what’s changing (and what’s not).
Discovery Search and Catalog
- Discovery Search will get a new look and will search across even more of the Library holdings and databases. Discovery Search offers a single interface for searching books, DVDs, CDs, e-journals, and articles.
- The Library’s catalog will be further integrated into Discovery Search and will include a virtual browse feature. The local catalog will be retired as all of its holdings will now be discoverable within Discovery Search.
- Access to individual databases (e.g. JSTOR, PsychInfo, ArtBibModern, etc) remain the same. You still have the option to access databases from the Databases A-Z list or the Research by Subject Guides.
- Access your Library account with your Purchase College credentials (same username and password you use to login to all Purchase applications like Moodle, email, and myHeliotrope). You will no longer use your More Card barcode or social security number to access your Library account.
- Once logged in, you’ll be able to view what items you have checked out and renew materials online.
- When logged in, results in Discovery Search can be personalized including favoriting citations and saving search histories.
Physical Library Course Reserves
- Physical Library course reserve requests are no longer processed through Moodle.
- Library reserve requests for books and videos will now be submitted via the appropriate form. Faculty, please fill out the request form for each item you wish to place on physical Library reserve:
- You will be able to search for books and films on physical reserve by title, course number, or instructor name using Discovery Search.
Contact your subject liaison librarian with any questions or comments!