Explore the social, political, and historical processes of the legal system and its implementation in society.
The Liberal Studies: Legal Studies degree (hereafter LS: Legal Studies) includes required core and elective coursework that examines law through the lenses of sociology and political science, enabling students to appreciate the role of the judicial system within the broader social context.
From our students:
- <div class="lw_blurbs_title"><p>“The major in Legal Studies really taught me so much about the law and how it works. The training I received through the legal studies program at Purchase College makes me feel confident and prepared for a career in the legal field.”</p></div>
Students have interned at:
- American Association of University Women
- Don Bosco Community Center
- Westchester Hispanic Coalition
- NYS University Police
- Office of the New York State Attorney General
At Purchase College, the Senior Project has long been a hallmark of a student’s experience. Students create and produce a finished project that clearly illustrates the way they’ve incorporated all they’ve learned over the years.
Sometimes when I talk about the importance of qualitative or quantitative research, students’ eyes begin to glaze over.