The heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) department is responsible for providing a comfortable environment for the community by maintaining and controlling building HVAC equipment including fan units, pumps, motors, preheat and reheat coils, mixing boxes, thermostats, control valves, dampers, piping, and insulation.
We are primarily responsible for heating and cooling systems in academic buildings, but do provide services to residential facilities when required.
Specific duties follow:
- Maintenance and repair of all air handling equipment
- Replace air filters
- Lubricate bearings
- Change Belts
- Repair heating and cooling coils
- Calibrate thermostats
- Schedule repairs for variable frequency drives
- Monitoring of HVAC control systems
- Respond to all hot and cold complaints and adjust discharge temperatures
- Maintenance and repair of all refrigeration equipment under 20 tons.
- Supervise and monitor all HVAC contractors
- Order supplies and materials equipment repairs.
The Majority of the HVAC shop services are performed during the hours of 8:00 am and 4:30 pm / Monday through Friday.
Assistant Director of Mechanical Systems
Maintenance Supervisor, Plumbing & HVAC
Jaime E. Caiado