The Grounds Department is responsible for the overall appearance and maintenance of the campus roads and grounds.
The college comprises 500+ acres of land with four miles of roads, six miles of walks, 100 acres in malls and plazas, and 200 acres each of grass and wooded areas.
Our department’s goal is to enhance the college experience for the community by maintaining a clean and safe environment.
Specific duties follow:
Maintain all horticultural materials such as turf, trees, evergreens, shrubs, vines, ground covers and flowering plants
- Watering trees, shrubs and flowerbeds
- Shrub pruning and tree trimming
- Collecting and disposal of leaves
- Maintenance of storm drains
- Maintenance of irrigation systems
- Maintenance of fire hydrants
- Install Special Event Signage
- Litter and debris control
- Snow and ice removal
- Commencement activities
The majority of Grounds Shop services are performed during the hours of 7 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday.