The Electric shop is responsible for the maintenance and repair of electrical systems.
The shop works on all electrical systems operating on 480/277 and 208/120 volts.
Specific duties follow:
- Responsible for interior and exterior building lighting
- Replacement of receptacles and switches
- Repair and replace motion detection lighting systems
- Maintain and install lighting control system for lecture halls
- Assists when required by the HVAC shop in trouble shooting motor controllers and transformers
- Provide electrical installation during small renovations and upon request by departments
- Maintain building electrical distribution panels for 277/120 volts
- Support campus events
- Maintain electrical supply system to handicap doors
- Commencement activities
The majority of the Electrical shops services are performed during the hours of 8:00 am and 4:30 pm / Monday through Friday.