EOP/MAP students are assigned a personal counselor who provide academic strategies and assist with personal concerns.
Students meet with their counselors throughout the semester to discuss their progress, plans, goals, achievements, and related concerns. Most students develop a strong relationship with their EOP/MAP counselor.
- Tutoring: Student and professional tutors are available for students having difficulties in any of their courses.
- Classes available upon request
- Learning Skills Assistance: Help with academic problems and the development of study skills is available.
- Academic Advisement: Advising for course selection and graduation pursuit is provided as a supplement to the student’s faculty advisor.
- Career Services: Assistance is provided in examining career interests and abilities in terms of educational and employment alternatives. This is a supplement to Purchase College’s Career Development Center.
- Periodic workshops, meetings and events take place throughout the academic year geared towards EOP/MAP student success.
- Student receive a peer-mentor in their first year of college.
- Pre-freshman year summer program.
Financial Aid Assistance
Students are awarded an EOP grant based on need in order to help meet educational costs and to balance limited resources. Assistance is also given in the Financial Aid application process. An EOP student may receive aid for up to ten semesters (5 years) of EOP financial assistance. A combination of Federal and State grants as well as loans are typical in EOP student’s award packages.
Financial aid assistance is available only to EOP students.