Domestic and International Insurance
All students enrolled in at least 6 credits need to have health insurance coverage. Purchase College’s eBills will show your Health Insurance. If you have coverage of your own, you can waive the school’s insurance off of your eBill. Please note that once the Fall bills are released in July, the online Health Insurance Waiver will become available.
To do so, you would need to log into your myHeliotrope account from www.purchase.edu/current-students
Once logged in, click “Student Accounts” and then “Health Insurance Waiver.” Answer all of the questions that follow.
The cost of domestic health insurance per semester is:
Fall 2022: $1,372.67
- Coverage dates: August 14th, 2022- January 23rd, 2023
- Deadline to waive: September 15th 2022
Spring 2023: $1,701.33
- Coverage dates: January 24th, 2023 - August 13th 2023
- Deadline to waive: February 2nd 2023
Fall 2023: $1,665.18
- Coverage dates: August 14th, 2023 - January 23rd, 2024
- Deadline to waive: TBD
Spring 2024: $2,073.82
- Coverage dates: January 24th, 2024 - August 13th, 2024
- Deadline to waive: TBD
SUNY requires all students enrolled on an F-1 or a J-1 visa to participate in the college-provided medical insurance plan. Foreign students who are able to prove that they have comparable coverage for health care in the United States may apply for a waiver through Health Services. Until the waiver is approved your account will be billed including the international health insurance charge. The international health insurance waiver must be completed each semester.
The cost of health insurance per semester for an international student studying at Purchase is:
- Fall 2021: $823.45 (August 15th, 2021 - January 14th, 2022)
- Spring 2022: $814.45 (January 15th, 2022 - June 14th, 2022)
- Fall 2022 $1,206.45: (August 15th 2022 - January 14th 2023)
- Spring 2023 $1,192.45: (January 15th 2023 - June 14th 2023)
The cost of health insurance per semester for a Purchase College student studying abroad is:
- Fall 2021: $302.60 (August 15th, 2021- January 14th, 2022)
Spring 2022: $299.60 (January 15th, 2022 - June 14th, 2022)
- Summer 2022: $329.38 (June 15th 2022 - August 14th 2022)
- Fall 2022: $418.60 (August 15th 2022 - January 14th 2023)
- Spring 2023 $413.60 (January 15th 2023 - June 14th 2023)
Optional Practical Training (OPT) is off-campus employment authorization that lets F-1 students get work experience in their major field of study. You have a total of 12 months of full-time OPT per degree level. You can work for any employer, anywhere in the U.S.
- Fall 2022: $1,372.92 (August 15th 2022 – January 14th 2023)
Spring 2022: $1,354.98 (January 15th, 2022 - June 14th, 2022)
- Summer 2023: $545.88 (June 15th 2023 - August 14th 2023