Summer Youth Programs in the Arts
We believe that summer enrichment is powerful…potentially transformational. Be inspired by our scenic campus, learn new skills from amazing artists and educators, and create with other students who share your passion.
The summer youth programs in the arts at Purchase College provide a unique opportunity to spend the summer exploring the visual and performing arts—and more!—under the guidance of experienced instructors and practicing artists. These youth programs are designed to enable the exploration of a variety of artistic genres.
Important Dates: 2019 Summer Youth and Precollege Programs in the Arts
Registration Begins: Monday, February 4, 2019
Early Registration Discount Deadline: Friday, May 10, 2019
Open House: Saturday, March 23, 2019 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. RSVP now
Session I: July 1–12 (No classes Thursday, July 4 or Friday, July 5)
Session II: July 15–26
Session III: July 29–August 9
Battle Royale–Make a Fortnite® Style Video Game
eSports Apprentice–YouTube© Streamers and Gamers
Virtual and Augmented Reality Adventures!
Web App Creator and Python Programmer
Young Actors and Performers
Young Journalists: TV Studio Production
- Most programs meet 9:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m., Monday–Friday. See program pages for specific program times.
- Students who have completed eighth grade may choose between youth and/or the precollege programs (except for the Visual Arts Institute, for which students must have completed ninth grade).
- Early drop-off and extended-day 1, 2, 4, and 6-week options are also available.
- PepsiCo employees enjoy the 10% discount with proper identification.
- Each program concludes with a student performance, publication, exhibition, or other culminating event for friends and family.
- <div class="faq"><div class="question">What forms are needed in order for my children to attend a summer program?</div><div class="answer truncate"><p> Please refer to the <a href="/academics/youth-and-precollege-programs/register/">registration instructions</a> for the youth or precollege programs <strong>for all required forms,</strong> including the registration form and credit card authorization. Please use one form for each child or teen.</p><a class="more" href="#">keep reading »</a></div></div>