The Custodial Department consists of 63 employees and is responsible for the general cleaning of approximately two million square feet on a daily basis.
Some of the routine tasks we perform daily are office, restroom, laboratory, public areas, building entrances and classroom cleaning.
Other tasks such as stairwells and general floor care are part of our responsibility.
Other services provided are as follows:
- Recycling and Trash removal
- Annual stripping and refinishing of floors
- Snow removal from building entrances
- Special event setups and break down
- Reporting maintenance deficiencies on a routine basis
- Re-lamping of light fixtures up to eight feet
- Carpet cleaning
- Commencement activities
The majority of Custodial services are performed during the hours of 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
Custodial Services Manager