Feeling Top Ten
U.S. News & World Report places Purchase College on its list of Top Ten Public Liberal Arts Colleges for 2024 and among the best 139 National Liberal Arts Colleges in the nation.
Purchase also ranks as a top performer in the nation on social mobility, which evaluates how well colleges serve low-income students. Moving up 14 spots since last year to 34 on the list, it’s a testament to the college’s focus on providing access to a high-quality and affordable education and to the student support services it offers.
Also, for the first year, the college’s psychology program has been included on the list of top undergraduate psychology programs.
“We’re proud that Purchase has once again been nationally recognized for providing an excellent public liberal arts education and on ensuring that low-income students have all the tools they need to succeed while in college and after graduation,” says Patricia Bice, Vice President of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management at Purchase College.
“We are also very pleased that our psychology program has been singled out as among the best undergraduate programs in the country.
“We believe this is due to the opportunities for graduate level research provided to our students by our highly engaged faculty. This level of mentorship, which helps prepare students for graduate school or their chosen field, is a rarity in an undergraduate program.”
In addition to the U.S. News rankings, Purchase College has been included on many significant lists.
- Top 389 Colleges in the nation for 2024, and among the Best Northeastern Colleges, Best College Theaters, and a top Green College for its commitment to sustainability, and among
Fiske Guide to Colleges
- Among the Fiske Guide’s 300 “best and most interesting colleges” in the U.S., Canada, and U.K. for 2024.
The Hollywood Reporter
- Names Purchase home to one of the top 25 Acting Programs in the World for 2023 and among the “L.A. and New York Film Schools that Fly Under the Radar.”
- Names Purchase among the 27 Acting Colleges You Should Know.
- One of Money’s Best Colleges, which evaluates colleges based on quality, affordability, and student outcomes.