Career Development Center
The Career Development Center (CDC) helps students with their professional development and cultivates opportunities where they may strengthen and grow career specific skills and enhance their employability.
Our CDC team is equipped with the expertise to assist graduating seniors, current students, and new alumni as they explore their options and gain career experience. Whether they are preparing for a job or internship search, seeking to connect with alumni and professionals, or considering grad programs, the CDC is here to help every step of the way.
All alumni are also welcome to use services. We encourage our graduates to keep in touch with us whether it’s to share their latest career updates and successes or to continue to take advantage of the array of valuable services available.
What are employers seeking in today’s graduates? National data continues to demonstrate some key skills desired by employers. Be sure your student has engaged in activities where they can gain and sharpen these skills both inside and outside the classroom!
• Communications (all areas) Professional Writing skills
• Critical thinking/ problem solving
• Information Technology application relevant software skills and knowledge
• Leadership /Entrepreneurial/Creative
• Professionalism/strong work ethic
• Decision Making, Team playing, job specific knowledge
• Organizational, good judgement
• Negotiation, social media, professionalism
Parents and other family members can support their student’s career and job search efforts by suggesting they visit the career center or schedule a meeting with a career coach at their convenience.
Counseling/Coaching may encourage students to engage in self-reflection experiential activities, which are found on the Career Development Center website.