Are you a high school student interested in taking a college course?
If you are 16 years of age or older, you may register for an undergraduate course with a noncredit option.
If you are a rising senior you may request permission to take a course for college credit.
Course descriptions and schedule information are available on the myHeliotrope online course search. We strongly encourage you to only consider lower-level (1000-2999) credit courses and you are responsible for meeting any prerequisites. Please submit the following documents:
- A high school transcript (official or unofficial) that reflects an 85 percent or B average
- A letter of recommendation from the student’s guidance counselor or principal
- A cover letter, written by the student, including phone, email, and course desired (course number and CRN), and alternate course(s) in case the first option is not available
All materials may be:
- Scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faxed to (914) 251-6515
- Mailed or delivered in person to:
School of Liberal Studies & Continuing Education
Purchase College, State University of New York
735 Anderson Hill Road
Purchase, NY 10577
Upon receipt, the materials will be evaluated and the student will be notified via email about the decision within five business days. If applicable, next steps for proceeding with registration will be provided at this time.