Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeals
An appeal may be completed if a student falls below the satisfactory progress requirements and has an exceptional circumstance. Students may be eligible for the appeal process for any of the circumstances listed below:
- Unforeseen Medical/Dental/Mental health issues
- Financial difficulties (loss of income, unemployment, etc)
(Subject to approval through a SAP Appeal)
- Death of spouse or parent
Students applying for an appeal must complete the appeals form and provide supporting documentation by the established deadline based on the e-mail notification.* The appeals will then be reviewed by the SAP committee, and students will receive a final decision via their Purchase e-mail account.
After the SAP review at the end of the fall and spring semesters, students will receive an email notification of the loss of federal aid including details of the appeal process for exceptional circumstances.
SAP review for TAP occurs within the first 2-3 weeks of each semester. A student will receive an e-mail notification of the loss of state aid including details of the appeal process for exceptional circumstances.
Other SAP Links:
Federal Satisfactory Academic Progress:
- Full-Time Undergraduate Students
- Part-Time Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- Advanced Placement/Standing and Transfer Students
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeals
State Satisfactory Academic Progress: