Zoë Winters ’07
Zoë Winters ’07 earned a SAG Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series for her role on HBO’s hit show Succession.
Winters recently filmed with Oscar® winner Ben Kingsley, Jane Curtin, and Harriet Harris in the Marc Turtletaub-directed film Jules. Its release date is unknown.
“Give this girl a vehicle already! Zoë Winters shined as an efficient sports therapist in Red Speedo, a peppily manipulative religious leader in The Harvest and a hot mess grouchily attending a silent retreat in Small Mouth Sounds. While this team player strives in ensembles, her droll humor and Swiss-quality timing make her ready for a lead.”
—Elisabeth Vincentelli, The New York Times
Winters is familiar to New York audiences from her performances in…
- Heroes of the Fourth Turning at Playwrights Horizons (OBIE Award and Lucille Lortel nomination)
- White Noise at The Public
- The Last Match at Roundabout
- The Harvest at LCT3/Lincoln Center Theater
- Ars Nova’s production of Small Mouth Sounds at the Signature Theatre, about which The New Yorker wrote, “…the phenomenal Zoë Winters…plays her anguish from the inside.”
- Red Speedo at New York Theatre Workshop
- Shows for Days at Lincoln Center
- Much Ado About Nothing at The Public Theater’s Shakespeare in the Park
- Soho Rep’s Obie Award-winning An Octoroon
- NYTW’s production of Caryl Churchill’s Love and Information at The Minetta Lane, for which she received rave reviews.
“Winters…is one to watch out for—zesty, zany, and vibrant, she completely reinvents herself with each new character. Give that gal a romantic comedy or an old-fashioned farce.”
When Winters created the role of “Bec” in Amy Herzog’s award-winning 4000 Miles at Lincoln Center, the New York Times said she was “excellent,” The New York Post called her “pitch perfect,” and Time Out described her “beautifully realized turns.”
Winters’ other New York performances include the New York Times Critics’ pick Hater at the Ohio Theatre and Love Song at 59E59.
Winters has worked at some of the country’s top regional theatres, including Westport Country Playhouse, The Old Globe, Baltimore Center Stage, Alliance, Paper Mill Playhouse, Seattle Rep, and the Magic Theatre.
Her TV roles include…
- Succession on HBO (recurring, SAG Award)
- Flatbush Misdemeanors (recurring)
- The Good Fight
- Madam Secretary
- Law & Order
- Gossip Girl
- Ugly Betty
Her film credits include Gray Dog, In The Family, Under, the Sundance short Giant, and the upcoming Jules,
She received a Bay Area Critics Circle nomination and The Seattle Times’ Footlight Award for Outstanding Acting.