J2 Scholarship Challenge Grant
The J2 Scholarship Challenge Grant for Student Success in Honor of Thomas J. Schwarz, initiated in 2018 by Chemistry alumnus John Ambroseo ’83 and his wife, Jeanette LaCorte, raised a total of $328,598.65 by June 30, 2020.
Thanks to the generosity of our donors, at the close of FY20 the following scholarship funds have been established as a result of this Challenge Grant:
- Francine and William Klingenstein Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Jack B. Gordon Scholarship Fund
- Lucille Werlinich Endowed Scholarship Fund
- The Ella Fitzgerald Jazz Vocalist Memorial Scholarship Fund
- The Emily L. Grant Scholarship for Natural and Social Sciences
- The Judith S. and Lawrence M. Klein Scholarship Fund for First Generation Students in the Humanities
- The Kahn Scholarship Fund for Adopt a Dancer in Honor of Marcella Kahn
- The Koenig Scholarship Fund for Journalism in honor of Sarah Koenig
- The Robert Salomon, Jr., Scholarship Fund for Economics
- The Sweet Scholarship for Liberal Studies Fund
- The Umran Beba Scholarship Fund for Adopt-a-Dancer
Did You Know?
Last year, Purchase College offered nearly $2 million in merit and talent scholarships to uniquely qualified students. With three out of four Purchase students requesting financial assistance, privately-funded scholarships make it possible for us to recruit top-notch students based on their talents and scholastic achievement, rather than their ability to pay.