SUNY Virtual Symposium on Adaptive Learning
2:00pm — 4:00pm weekly
From Wednesday, June 24, 2020 — Wednesday, July 15, 2020
Has the recent disruption in higher education sparked your interest in digital learning tools and how they can make life better for you and your students? Please join us for the SUNY Virtual Symposium on Adaptive Learning.
This virtual event explores how adaptive courseware works to apply learning science insights that support student success. Interact with SUNY faculty sharing their experiences with what it’s really like to use adaptive courseware in the classroom. See how these tools can address day-to-day challenges you and your students face. Register now to ensure your access to symposium sessions, event reminders, and recordings. Attendees can even win prizes, courtesy of event co-host APLU!
Register once and attend as much of the Virtual Symposium as you like.
- When: Weekly for four Wednesdays 2-4 PM, June 24 to July 15, 2020
- Where: SUNY-hosted virtual meetings hosted in Zoom
- Who should attend: SUNY faculty, instructional designers, faculty developers, and administrators, whether you’re a veteran or new to adaptive learning
- Cost: Free to SUNY faculty & staff
- Hosted by: The State University of New York, SUNY FACT2 Adaptive Learning Task Group, SUNY FACT2 Examining Pedagogy and Learning in Online Domains (ExPLOD) Task Group, SUNY OER Services, and the Association of Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU)
- Welcome/Plenary with Dr. Tod Laursen, SUNY Provost & Senior Vice-Chancellor
- Keynote: Personalizing Learning: A Conversation featuring Dr. John Kane (SUNY Oswego), Norman Bier (Carnegie Mellon University Open Learning Initiative), and Dr. David Wiley (Lumen Learning)
- Adaptive Courseware Lightning Talks
- Meet the Courseware: Faculty Show & Tell Sessions
- Closing Plenary: Where to Go from Here with Adaptive Learning
Audience:SUNY faculty, administrators, and staff
Questions: Contact SUNY CPD: CPDinfo@suny.edu