OER Course Design Workshop
The TLTC and Library are hosting two one-day workshops to support faculty who are interested in designing any of their general education courses to use Open Educational Resources. OER materials provide flexibility for faculty to design their courses around faculty goals for the class, and support student success by making course materials readily accessible to students and reducing student costs of education.
This workshop will:
- Discuss faculty and student perspectives on OER, what they are and how they can be used
- Work through course design tools that will allow you to align OER materials and course activities to the outcomes for your course
- Provide hands-on experience exploring a variety of sources for OER materials (open textbooks, open courseware, and other open learning objects)
- Provide tools for evaluating and incorporating OER materials into your courses
- Discuss the role of OER in supporting Open Education pedagogies
We will also use a Moodle space where we can continue to support your OER course redesign efforts for the coming year.
We are offering the same one-day workshop twice. You only need to register for one day.
Faculty participating in this workshop will receive a $500 stipend, and commit to participating with their OER course design cohort to redesign one or more of their general education courses for the coming year to use OER materials.
We thank SUNY and the State of New York for the special funding that has made these stipends possible.