Portfolio for Graphic Design Transfer
Additional Portfolio Requirements for Transfer Applicants to Graphic Design
Your portfolio must consist of a minimum of twelve (12) and no more than twenty (20) examples of your work. The balance of the portfolio will be evaluated as a demonstration of both the breadth and depth of your visual interests.
Transfer applicants to the BFA Graphic Design program must include:
- Four pieces with typography, one which demonstrates typographic hierarchy
- Create 2 works based from one of the following open-ended prompts. We welcome creative interpretations:
- An independent project (not an assignment)
- A research-based (visual) piece
- A piece demonstrating harmony
- A piece demonstrating contrast
Both the self-portrait and the observational drawings are required of all applicants along with the assignments above, plus your Think Wide Open response or Video.
Additional Portfolio Information:
Label your images: Please list title, media, dimensions (where applicable) and provide a description of each piece.
Detail shots: If it is appropriate, you may provide detail shots of particular works. Be sure to indicate if an example is a detail shot.
Multiple views: If a single image does not adequately display your work you may include more than one image.
For additional information visit: School of Art + Design