O-1 Extraordinary Ability Status
- The O-1 category is for non-immigrants of extraordinary ability in the sciences, education, business, athletics and the arts.
- An employer must petition on behalf of a prospective O-1 non-immigrant and a job offer must be in place.
- To obtain O-1 status, the beneficiary must be one of a small percentage of individuals who have risen to the top of his or her field of endeavor.
- The College sponsors a limited number of O-! visas.
- The application requires a tremendous amount of documentation.
- O-1 status can be granted for 3 years initially and can be extended in one year increments
- There is no cumulative cap on the number of extensions for an O-1 visa.
More information and details may be found on the O-1 Information Handout.
For further information about navigating the process of obtaining nonimmigrant visas and tax regulations as presenting artists from abroad please see the Artists from Abroad website.