Purchase yoga fans, the Wellness Center has started our familiar and virtual meditation and yoga classes!
Fall 2020 Yoga Class Schedule
Wellness believes in yoga “for a natural high.” The benefits to yoga are numerous and include stress relief, feeling good in your body, and being mindful or grounded. We offer you this schedule of Virtual Yoga Classes hosted by the Wellness Center that are free to all students, staff and faculty.
|Day and Time||Class Name||Instructor|
Monday, 5:30-6:30 pm
|Tuesday, 4:00-5:00 pm||Hatha Yoga||Robbie|
Wednesdays, 12:00-1:00 pm
|Meditation Instruction and Practice. First Wednesday of each month is Energy Healing, all other Wednesdays are Meditation.||
|Thursdays, 3:00-4:00 pm||Jane|
|Sundays, 7:00-8:00 pm||Elise|
- Pilates: Pilates is a mind-body exercise evolved from the principles of Joe Pilates, that builds core strength and stability
- Hatha Yoga: A slow flow yoga that emphasizes the connection of breath with postures. Perfect for individuals of all levels.
- Meditation Instruction: Dr. Nancy Reuben, Medical Director at Purchase, leads a weekly meditation instruction group and practice for all levels.
- Yin Yoga: A slow paced style of yoga in which the postures, or asanas, are held for a slightly longer period of time.
- Vinyasa Yoga: A flow from one posture to the next connecting the breath with the postures.
- Robbie: Wellness Counselor and Certified Yoga Teacher
- Jane: Certified Yoga Teacher
- Nancy: Director of Health Services, Meditation Instructor and Energy Practitioner
- Paul: Certified Pilates Instructor
- Elise: A recent Purchase graduate, and has been leading yoga classes at the Wellness Center for several years. She is a former student in the Dance Conservatory.