Purchase yoga fans, the Wellness Center has begun our familiar and virtual meditation and yoga classes for stress reduction!
Spring 2021 Yoga/Mindfulness Class Schedule
Wellness believes in yoga “for a natural high.” The benefits to yoga are numerous and include stress reduction, practicing mindfulness, and being more in touch with your body. We offer you this schedule of Virtual Yoga Classes hosted by the Wellness Center that are free to all students, staff and faculty.
|Day and Time||Class Name||Instructor|
Monday, 5:30-6:30 pm
|Tuesday, 4:00-5:00 pm||Robbie|
Wednesdays, 12:00-1:00 pm
First Wednesday of each month is Energy Healing, all other Wednesdays are Meditation.
- Pilates: Pilates is a mind-body exercise evolved from the principles of Joe Pilates, that builds core strength and stability
- Hatha Yoga: A slow flow yoga that emphasizes the connection of breath with postures. Perfect for individuals of all levels.
- Meditation Instruction: Dr. Nancy Reuben, Medical Director at Purchase, leads a weekly meditation instruction group and practice for all levels.
- Yin Yoga: A slow paced style of yoga in which the postures, or asanas, are held for a slightly longer period of time.
- Vinyasa Yoga: A flow from one posture to the next connecting the breath with the postures.
- Gentle Yoga for Stillness: “Gentle Yoga for Stillness” is a 45-60 minute practice, designed to bring awareness to breath and body in order to end our week with a peaceful connection to our center. The easy flow, gentle twists and stretches, and gift of stillness in Savasana will help us close our week with equanimity.
- Robbie: Wellness Counselor and Certified Yoga Teacher
- Jane: Certified Yoga Teacher
- Nancy: Director of Health Services, Meditation Instructor and Energy Practitioner
- Paul: Certified Pilates Instructor
- Barbara: Certified Yoga Instructor