The Wellness Center provides a student with over 30 credits the opportunity for an internship in the Wellness Center for 2 , 3, or 4 credits.
The interns help promote the Wellness Center’s mission by assisting with ongoing health promotion programming. The intern will also be responsible for creating, facilitating and marketing a campus program of their own that will support one of the eight areas of Wellness.
- Interns will attend a mandatory class on Wednesday evenings from 5:30-7pm, during which the interns will be trained in topics such as: self-care, stress management, mindfulness, interpersonal and active listening, peer coaching skills, and bystander intervention
- Interns will become familiar with, and model a commitment to the promotion of Wellness on campus
- Interns will teach, mentor, and assist peers in enhancing their wellness lifestyles.
- Interns will assist with preparation and implementation of health promotion programming initiated by the Wellness Center
- Interns are charged with designing, developing and marketing a Wellness Program supporting at least one area of Wellness
- Intern will submit a final research paper on the implementation of the project and the learning outcomes
- Aside from the mandatory class, the Interns will spend the additional committed hours, managing organization of the Wellness Center, including filing, greeting students, promoting programs, creating marketing materials, developing brochures and printed materials.
Students interested in applying for the undergraduate internship should email email@example.com for more information.