Substance Free Housing
The Office of Community Engagement offers a housing option that is aimed to support students to remain substance free. The Wellness Center does not have anything to do with the housing lottery; Wellness thought it would be helpful to list this housing information here.
Substance Free Housing
Students in substance-free housing agree to remain drug, smoke, and alcohol free. Students that are found responsible for use of any of these substances will be removed from this housing area. Substance-Free Housing is located within the Olde apartment community. Please note: All Purchase College residence halls are drug and smoke free, and all first-year residence halls are designated as alcohol free. In order to attain Substance-Free Housing, please select this option on your housing application. If you are not able to select the option on your housing application or are having difficulty completing this process, please contact OCE at email@example.com.
Individuals selecting this housing option will be required to sign a Substance-Free Housing Agreement. Violation of this agreement will cause for immediate removal from the Substance-Free Housing community.
All apartments are furnished with:
- Dining Table and Chairs
- Living room furniture (couches and/or chairs and a coffee table)
- Refrigerator, stove/oven
- One twin XL bed, desk, desk chair, and dresser per resident
- One lamp/light fixture per room
- One closet per room
- Cable TV connection/Ethernet
- Fire Extinguisher
- Smoke and Heat Detectors
Typical Room Sizes:
- Single bedroom is approximately 8 feet Wide X 10 feet Long (with 1 closet - 4.5 feet Wide X 2.5 feet Deep)
- Double bedroom is approximately 11 feet Wide X 15.5 feet Long (with 1 closet - 8 feet Wide X 2.5 feet Deep)
- Quad living room is approximately 16 feet Wide X 11 feet Long
- Quad kitchen is approximately 7.5 feet Wide X 8.5 feet Long
- Duplex living room is approximately 12.5 feet Wide X 11 feet Long
- Duplex kitchen is approximately 7.5 feet Wide X 8.5 feet Long
The coordinator of the Lighthouse Program can work with Resident Assistants (RAs) and Resident Coordinators (RCs) that live in and work with the Olde apartment community to offer support to students who reside in substance free housing.