What is the Wellness Recovery Program?
The Wellness Recovery Program (WRP), also known as a Collegiate Recovery Program, seeks to foster a substance free community at Purchase. The student driven program allows all students to have an authentic college experience by providing fun and interesting substance free programming, a safe social environment and recovery support on campus.
The WRP also has a designated lounge area conveniently located on campus in Fort Awesome Room 138 and will be open five afternoons and evenings per week including weekends! The WRP will serve a point of contact for Purchase students seeking a substance free place to hang out. The WRP will also help advocate for student needs and assisting them in utilizing resources on and off campus. The WRP will be staffed by students many of whom will be trained as Peer Recovery Coaches and will help run the program. The WRP is being funded through a New York State OASAS grant.
The WRP and its programs are designed to empower students. It is our purpose to enhance student’s wellness and help facilitate their pursuit of academic, personal and professional goals.
What the WRP Offers Students:
- Peer to peer support
- Devoted recovery staff
- Substance free social events
- Paid student worker positions
- Lounge on campus
- Community Meals
- Advocacy, information and referrals
- On campus support group meetings
- Wellness related workshops
- Service Opportunities
- Leadership and professional development
- Sober Tailgates
- Graduation Dinner
How can I get involved in the WRP?
- Apply to be a paid Recovery Specialist through Jobscore. Search Recovery Specialist to find a job description and instructions how to apply
- Attend the weekly meeting for students
- Come to a WRP event!
- If you have any questions or would like more information about the WRP, please email us at email@example.com
The WRP welcomes all students who want to participate in substance free programming, socializing and fun activities. For more information about the program or general inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org