The Wellness Center is fortunate to be the recipient of a grant from the New York State Office of Addiction Services and Supports (OASAS) to create a program designed to support the success of students in recovery from substance use along with students seeking a peer-led substance free community at college.
The mission of our inclusive community is to prioritize creating a safe and welcoming environment for students in or exploring recovery to build healthy and sustainable lifestyles using intentional resources, support, service, events and companionship.The program will be renamed by Purchase students by the end of the fall!
The program has a designated lounge in located on campus in Fort Awesome Room 138 for participants and allies to enjoy a range of safe and substance-free social opportunities, arts, educational events, workshops and connections.
Hours that program is open are:
Tuesday: 9:00am-11:00am drop in hours
Thursday: 12:00-2:00pm drop in hours
Thursdays: 8:00pm - 12:00am
Fridays: 7:00pm - 1:00am
Saturdays: 7:00pm -1:00am
Sundays: 7:00pm - 12:00am
The program will serve a point of contact for Purchase students seeking a substance free community and place to hang out. The space is staffed by six student worker Wellness Peer Mentors whose aim is to model and support Purchase students in this peer led substance free community space. We want to enhance student’s wellness and help facilitate their pursuit of personal and academic goals.
What the program Offers Students:
- Peer support
- On campus support group meetings (see below)
- Substance free social events
- Paid student worker positions
- A safe place to hang out on campus
- Wellness related workshops
- Service opportunities
- Leadership and professional development
- Graduation dinner
How can I get involved?
Weekly support meetings in the space currently being offered to Purchase students:
- Sundays: 7:00-8:00pm AA Meeting in Wellness room 135
- Tuesdays: 6:00-7:00pm - SMART Recovery Meeting
- Wednesdays: 12:30-1:30pm - peer led All-Recovery Check in Meeting
- Thursdays: 4:00-5:00pm - Robbie from the Wellness Center will run a group covering recovery related topics (starting 11/21/19)