Courses That Fulfill Requirements
Approved undergraduate courses in each core curriculum category are offered in a variety of disciplines and levels.
To find courses that fulfill a particular core curriculum requirement, students can:
- use the myHeliotrope online course search each semester, including winter session and summer session.
- consult their faculty advisor, the chair or director of their school or conservatory, the Advising Center, or the registrar.
- refer to SUNY’s General Education Dashboards, which include Purchase core curriculum courses that satisfy SUNY general education requirements.
- An independent study or tutorial cannot be used to fulfill a core curriculum requirement.
- A grade of D is acceptable in a course used to fulfill a core curriculum requirement.
- A course used to fulfill a core curriculum requirement cannot be taken on a pass/no credit (P/NC) basis.
For additional questions about courses that fulfill core curriculum requirements, call or email:
Senior Transfer Credit and Degree Audit Advisor