Part-Time Teaching Support Awards
Fall 2020: N/A
Spring 2021: TBD
The Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs is pleased to support the advancement of teaching for part-time faculty who teach less than half time (fewer than three courses in the current academic year, with consecutive semesters, excluding winter and summer session). Awards up to $300 are available to support a conference or workshop and/or support faculty research, artistic endeavor, or other comparable professional activity. (Appropriate expenditure documentation is required.)
Note: Part-time faculty who have served at least half time for three or more consecutive years should refer to Faculty Support Awards.
Part-Time Teaching Support Award Guidelines
- The goal of these awards is to recognize and support part-time faculty in their teaching endeavors and to further their own and the college’s mission and reputation.
- Fifteen awards, up to $300 each, will be given in the fall and another 15 in the spring. A faculty member may only receive one award in each annual cycle.
- This award period covers expenses incurred from September 1, 2020 to August 31, 2021.
- To be eligible, part-time faculty should submit a current curriculum vitae, as required by SUNY policy. Similarly, applicants who have received previous funding but have not submitted to the Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs a satisfactory report on its use will be deemed ineligible.
- Application forms (available here: .doc | .pdf) should be emailed as an attached file to the chair or director
- A short narrative explaining how the activity improved or advanced the recipient’s teaching and an explanation of expenses will be due when the recipient of the award submits for their reimbursement.
Please do not submit incomplete applications, as they will be returned.
Chairs and directors should:
- verify the applicant’s eligibility and status
- indicate their support in the space allotted on the application form
- send the amended application as an attached file to Provost.Officer@purchase.edu
- deadlines that fall on a weekend and/or holiday are extended to the next business day