Fishbein Junior Faculty Research Award
2021–23 Peter and Bette Fishbein Junior Faculty Research Award
in the Liberal Arts - N/A
Application deadline: N/A
Thanks to the continuing generosity of Peter and Bette Fishbein, Purchase College is pleased to announce the Peter and Bette Fishbein Junior Faculty Research Award for 2021–23. The recipient will receive $5,000 to cover costs necessary for undertaking a scholarly research endeavor in one of the liberal arts disciplines. Appropriate expenses include supplies (books, lab expenses), publication-related costs, conferences, travel, and research assistants. The quality of the proposal and the applicant’s previous scholarly record will be considered in making the selection. Priority will be given to new work, and special attention will be given to applicants whose work shows connections with fields outside their own specialty.
Full-time tenure-track faculty members at the rank of assistant professor in the humanities and sciences and equivalent library rank are eligible to apply. One award will be given each year.
Please assemble all materials and submit them together electronically to the chair or director of your school or conservatory; incomplete applications cannot be accepted. Each application should contain:
- a current curriculum vitae
- a two-to-three-page description of the project for which funding is sought, including whether the project is being funding through other sources
- Please note: The Faculty Professional Standards and Awards Committee requires that nominees’ rank and full-time or part-time status be indicated on all applications.
- verify the applicant’s eligibility and status (tenure-track full-time faculty at the rank of assistant professor in the humanities and sciences and equivalent library rank)
- indicate their support on the description of the proposed project
- send the amended application as an attached file to Provost.Officer@purchase.edu no later than April 1, 2021.
- Finalists for the award are chosen competitively by the Faculty Professional Standards and Awards Committee. The panel represents a range of disciplines, reflective of the total curriculum of Purchase College.
- From the finalists submitted by the faculty referees, the provost will select the winners and announce them to the campus.
Results are announced by April 30, 2021.