There are many things to think about when deciding what type of program would be the best fit for you.
Program Types and Things to Consider
- Academics play an important role in your decision—you want to ensure that your credits will apply toward your degree.
- Location is also very important—where have you always wanted to visit or learn more about?
- Do you want a Purchase Faculty Led program, where you travel as a group with your fellow classmates for a short-term program during the summer or winter term?
- Do you want to directly enroll into an overseas university for the fall, spring, or summer term?
- Are volunteer or internship opportunities important to you?
- What about your life abroad—Do you picture yourself in an international city or a small community where you stand out?
- Do you want to live with a host family or in a dorm with other American or native roommates?
Study Abroad 101
To help you decide, we suggest all Purchase students attend the weekly Study Abroad 101 information session. For details, please visit our announcements page.