There are many things to think about when deciding what type of program would be the best fit for you.
Program Types and Things to Consider
- Academics play an important role in your decision—you want to ensure that your credits will apply toward your degree.
- Location is also very important—where have you always wanted to visit or learn more about?
- Do you want a Purchase Faculty Led program, where you travel as a group with your fellow classmates for a short-term program during the summer or winter term?
- Do you want to directly enroll into an overseas university for the fall, spring, or summer term?
- Are volunteer or internship opportunities important to you?
- What about your life abroad—Do you picture yourself in an international city or a small community where you stand out?
- Do you want to live with a host family or in a dorm with other American or native roommates?