Creative Writing Sophomore from Bovina, NY
- What does Think Wide Open mean to you? Think Wide Open, for me, is about the connections we have, can, and will make through school and moving forward in our lives, with people from all different backgrounds and walks of life. Thinking wide open is about being open and receptive and welcoming to that experience.
- What do you want a prospective student to know about Purchase? Purchase is a place where, whoever you are, whatever you do, and whoever you want to be, you will find your people and your place here.
- Favorite spot on campus and why? My favorite spot is sitting under the big tree on the Great Lawn. It’s a space where I can feel alone and peaceful, even amidst all the rush of living on campus!
- Why did you choose Purchase? I chose Purchase, firstly because of the great reputation of the Creative Writing department. But what really drew me to the school as a whole was the community here, the diversity of it, and the welcoming spirit of people.
- What made you want to become an ambassador? I wanted to become an ambassador, honestly, because of the experience I had on my campus tour at Purchase. I was made to feel so welcomed, understood, and excited about becoming a member of the community. I hope to be able to show prospective students that same welcoming energy!