Update: SWANK Top 1000 Collection renewed for 23/24!
Get immediate access to 1000+ feature films (big box office) and TV shows! Check out the updates to our Top 1000 collection.
Purchase College Library has renewed its partnership with Swank Digital Campus to provide students and educators access to the “Swank Top 1000,” a collection of one thousand most-requested big box office titles, available for immediate streaming. The collection includes feature films, documentaries, international films, popular TV shows, many HBO titles, award-winners, and more! It contains content from 95% of Hollywood studios, spanning a wide range of topics and disciplines.
The SWANK Top 1000 collection provides users with a fast, convenient way to find and stream movies and television shows for use in classes (as well as for personal interest).
To get started:
If you’re off-campus, simply log in with your Purchase credentials (email username and password) as you would for any other library database.
- These films don’t all show up in Discovery Search
- Check out the updated Top 1000 Spreadsheet for the 23-24 academic school year.
- If you have a specific accessibility need, please confer with Rebecca Oling, Director of Digital Accessibility
Visit this SWANK FAQ for step-by-step instructions.
- To assign a film in a class, simply add its unique URL to your syllabus or Brightspace course; students can access a film via the URL or by going directly to SWANK Digital Campus from the Library’s databases list and searching for the film’s title.
- Can’t find what you need in the Top 1000? SWANK offers licenses for 30,000 additional films and television episodes, available by request. Use the Streaming Request Form to contact the Library for help licensing materials needed for courses.