Book Rental Return Deadline Extended
Due to the stay at home order, the bookstore has extended the rental returns timeline until June 30, 2020.
Since the bookstore may not reopen before then, we strongly encourage you to return your books by mail.
The process to print a free shipping label is easy and convenient.
We’ve detailed how to generate a free shipping label and packing slip below.
Questions? Feel free to email email@example.com. You can try calling 914-251-6972, but staff members are working limited hours at the store.
Rental Return: Two Ways to Generate a Label
Use the Link in Reminder Email
You’ll receive a rental reminder email 14 days before your rental due date. The same email is sent again seven days and three days before your due date, and finally on the due date.
This email contains a link to generate a free return shipping label and packing slip.
Or you can generate a free return shipping label on the bookstore website.
- Click the Sign In link on the top right side of the page to access your account.
- Enter the email address you provided at the register when you rented. Note: Even if you rented in the store, an account was created using the email you provided at the register.
- Once you’ve signed in, click the link Rentals to access that page in your account.
- Once on the Rentals page, scroll down to see the books you rented. Click Return All Rentals by Mail. You can also click the button Return by Mail. Both open a pop-up to select rentals to ship back.
- Follow the steps to generate and print the return label and packing slip. This option is available until your rental due date.
NOTE: While the due date for rented books has not changed, the “non-return charge date” has been extended 15 days past your current return due date to allow time for your mailed book to reach the store. To avoid late charges, please have your book in transit by the due date.
Selling Back Textbooks (Book Buyback)
Since the campus store is closed, you can sell back books online (ship your books).
- Click Sell Your Textbooks in the website footer.
- On the Sell Your Textbooks page, refer to the Online section and select Sell Your Textbooks.
How to Buy your Summer Textbooks
The Purchase College Bookstore will remain closed for the summer sessions.
We will continue to operate the bookstore website. The bookstore team is on campus processing online orders daily. Order your books here.