Extended Library Hours (24/5)
Fall 2019 24/5 Hours
Tuesday, Dec. 3: The Library will open at 8:00am and stay open until 12:00am (midnight) on Friday, Dec. 6.
Saturday, Dec. 7: 11:00am – 12:00am (midnight)
Sunday, Dec. 8: The Library will open at 12:00pm (noon) and stay open until 7:00pm on Friday, Dec. 13 (last day of finals).
Saturday, Dec. 14 - Sunday, Dec. 15: CLOSED
Please note that not all services are available at all hours during 24/5.
- Text a Librarian will maintain the same hours as the regular semester, ending at 1:00am on weeknights. See Text hours.
- The Reference Desk will also maintain the same hours, 10:00am-7:00pm Monday-Thursday and 10:00am-4:00pm on Friday.
- Use the 24/7 Chat for help when the Reference Desk is not staffed.
- The Tech Assistance Desk will also maintain the same hours, 12:00pm to 7:00pm. Exceptions may be made due to the final exam schedules of our student tech assistants.
- Group Study Rooms (Rooms 2001A and 2001B on the 2nd floor) can be reserved through Roombook. For instructions, see our Group Study Room Reservation FAQ.
Respect Your Purchase! Help keep the Library clean and respect the Study Zones during 24/5.
- Please be mindful of those studying around you (including on floors below and above) and refrain from holding conversations, meetings, tutoring sessions, etc. in the Silent and Quiet areas and hallways outside of classrooms.
- Group work and tutoring should take place in Group Study zones only, and conversations should be held at a reasonable “indoor” volume. Group means together, not louder!
- Always use headphones when playing audio or video on a computer in the Library. Headphones are available for check-out at the Circulation Desk.
- If someone is too loud, be proactive and hand them an Own Your Zone card located in holders throughout the stacks or text a librarian at (914) 873-1711.
- Help make the Library a calm and relaxing study space for everyone!
- Carry your MORE Card with you at all times if you come to the Library overnight.
- Commuters, please be advised there is no overnight parking in Lot W1 from 2:00am to 6:00am
- When using Library computers, save your work by emailing files to yourself, saving to the cloud (i.e. GoogleDocs), or saving to a USB flash drive. Do not save anything to the Desktop/My Documents as public computers are regularly wiped of all files. Lab computers automatically log off if left inactive for 5+ minutes, so if you need to step away, be sure to save your work and log out.
- Please review the Library’s Policies on guests, food and drink, noise, care for library materials, and cellphones.
Thanks and good luck with your final projects and exams!