Changes to Moodle Course Defaults
The first step of setting up any course on Moodle is to add the desired number of Weeks (default format). You must specify the number of weeks in your Moodle course before you attempt to import or before you can add content.
Detailed directions are available at the Moodle Basics guide and below.
- login to Moodle and navigate to the desired course via the Categorized Course List
- click on the “Turn editing on” button, located at upper right side of your course main page
- click on the “+Add Week” link on the lower right side of your Week / Topic “zero” area
- specify the desired number of weeks that you would like to display in your course. You can add as many or as few as you’d like. The standard number of weeks for Fall and Spring semesters is 15.
Detailed directions are available at the Moodle Basics guide.
Your course will become available to student view on Thursday, August 24. If you choose to hide your Moodle space after this date, remember to make the course available to your students.
Additional Moodle directions for how to:
- upload files into your course
- reuse (import) previous content into your current course
- make your course available to student view
- change your course’s visibility (show/hide)
- combine Moodle course sections into one “meta course”
- send an email to your entire class
- set up and take attendance in your course
- make your gradebook visible to enrolled students
- add the Library Reserves block to your course
- place an item on Reserve at the Library
- add a learning assistant, course librarian, senior auditor to your course
- set up a Turnitin assignment
- use Discovery Search Reading List external tool