SUNY CDO Fall Virtual Career Fair
SUNY Career Development Organization (CDO) is hosting its Fall Virtual Career Fair on Thursday, November 12 and all SUNY students are invited to it!
Here is what you need to know…
YOU MUST REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE
All students looking to participate in this event must register. This is an invitation only event
If you’re school does NOT use Handshake, you can still participate!!
YOU MUST use your .edu email account to create a Handshake profile and register for the event. The link is below
You must schedule your visit with employer in their group or 1:1 session. You’re simply scheduling time to speak with a recruiter. You can register with as little as a minute ahead of the session starting. For instance, you can book a 1:1 session if you heard something good at an employer’s group session.
HOW TO PREPARE
After you’ve registered for the career fair, it’s important that you register for the employer sessions in advance. You will only be able to attend sessions you’re registered for and the booth capacity is limited to 50 students per employer session.
Some employers may have set qualifications to define which students can register for their sessions. To ensure you qualify for employer sessions, make sure you have filled out the following fields on your Handshake profile:
- School year, major and GPA, which can be found on your profile
- Work authorization status
Here is a checklist to help you get prepared!
- Research the list of participating employers through Handshake
- For the fair, be sure you are using Chrome or Firefox for your browser
- Make sure you’re dressed for success and you have your notebook ready for notes!
- Don’t forget to ask for contact info at the job fair so you can follow up with thank-you notes.
Need assistance? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.