How can I conduct secure online exams through Moodle?
Respondus Lockdown Browser and Respondus Monitor are installed on our Moodle system, as a way to conduct secure online exams.
According to their website, LockDown Browser is a custom browser that increases the security of online testing in Moodle.
When students use LockDown Browser to access a quiz, they are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, access other applications, or close a quiz until it is submitted for grading. Exams created for use with LockDown Browser cannot be accessed with standard browsers either. LockDown Browser works much like a standard browser, but some options have been removed or work differently.
Please consult the LockDown Browser Instructor Quick Start Guide for more information about using LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor in Moodle.
- Rapid Rollout of LockDown Browser & Respondus Monitor for Instructors
- Respondus tutorials on Lockdown Browser (select the Moodle versions for the overview and for setting up exams)
- Preparing a Quiz for Use with LockDown Browser: Moodle (short tutorial)
- Respondus tutorials on Monitor (select the Moodle versions of each tutorial)
- Quiz Quick Guide (from Moodle.org)
- Student Quick Start Guide: LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor
- NEW: LockDown Browser + Instructor Live Proctoring
- Quizzes & Secure Online Exams in Moodle (Thursday, March 19)
Link to this FAQ: How can I conduct secure online exams through Moodle?