Office of Community Engagement
The Office of Community Engagement encompasses the following areas of student life at Purchase College: new student orientation, student involvement, commuter students, residence life, housing, campus traditions, and the Multicultural Center. Our office creates personal and interpersonal opportunities that help students to become engaged, empowered citizens of an inclusive, diverse learning environment. We invite students to participate in educational and social experiences that are designed for all Purchase students. Engagement with the Purchase community enhances their collegiate experience and enriches the overall campus environment.
The Office of Community Engagement nurtures student development by committing to:
- Ethic of care: Respect, support, trust, and compassion for others
- Accountability: Personal responsibility for individual and social behaviors
- Integrity: Honesty, truthfulness, and commitment to action
- Engagement: Helping through service and consideration of the welfare of others
- Excellence: High standards and providing opportunities for growth and learning
The Office of Community Engagement seeks to create a safe and welcoming learning environment for all students, which fosters their inclusion and participation in the campus community through services, programs, and meaningful partnerships.