The Counseling Center offers a range of confidential, professional mental health services for students at no cost. Any student experiencing psychological distress may be referred. All students may seek crisis response and Campus Advocacy Services for matters related to sexual assault and interpersonal violence. Matriculated students may seek short-term individual counseling, group counseling, and psychiatric consultation services. Non matriculated students may obtain consultation for immediate needs and referrals to area resources. A full range of mental health symptoms, crises, situational concerns, and developmental problems are addressed through collaborative sessions. The Counseling Center is staffed by experienced clinicians licensed by New York State.

If you are concerned about a student and would like assistance, you may:

  • request a consultation to develop a plan for referral or interventions: (914) 251-6390
  • refer the student directly to the Counseling Center, providing our contact information; please let us know via email at when you refer a student
  • ask us to contact a student on your behalf; we provide same-day outreach
  • notify the Counseling Center about your concerns through the online Student Alert, located under “Quick Links” on the faculty/staff portal
  • escort a student to the Counseling Center for an emergency appointment. This is appropriate for a student whom you have reason to believe may have been sexually assaulted, or a student experiencing a mental health crisis.
  • call the University Police at (914) 251-6911 for assistance with students exhibiting behaviors that may render them unsafe or unable to control themselves. University Police conduct safety checks and respond to emergency calls and are the only campus entity capable of mandating transports to a hospital for emergency mental health care.

Any contact that we may have with referred students will be kept confidential to protect their rights and privacy, unless they give written permission to inform you of their participation.

Please refer to Faculty and Staff on the Counseling Center’s site for more information.

Office of Disability Resources

(formerly the Office of Access and Accommodations)
Please refer to Accommodating Students with Disabilities in this handbook and the Office of Disability Resources site for detailed information.

^ top