- Alumni of the School of Art+Design pursue careers in galleries and museums, national publications, electronic visualizations, master print edition studios, art direction, computer typography, photography, graphic and corporate design, education, and graduate study and research, and as independent, exhibiting studio artists.
- Their work is exhibited at prestigious venues like the Museum of Modern Art, Brooklyn Museum, Albright Knox Gallery, and Whitney Museum of American Art.
- They have also received major awards, grants, and fellowships, including the Fulbright, Guggenheim, MacArthur, National Endowment for the Arts, Sharpe Foundation, Edward Albee Foundation, Pollock-Krassner, Prix de Rome, and Siskind Fellowships.
Just to name a few …
- Sculptor Jon Kessler, a Guggenheim Fellow, enjoys a successful international career.
- Fred Wilson, recipient of a MacArthur Foundation Fellowship, is included among great American artists in Essential History of American Art by Suzanne Bailey.
- In the spirit of Purchase College, a Pulitzer Prize–winning playwright, Donald Margulies, also received his BFA from the School of Art+Design.
Check out some of their profiles:
- Katherine Bradford (MFA ’88)
- Rick Briggs (MFA ’92)
- Kris Graves (’04)
- Jason Hanasik (’03)
- David Yellin (’98)
A note to our alumni:
If you have news you would like to share, just email us at art+design@ purchase.edu. We’d love to hear from you!